NOKTogether | Issuing records of employment

If you have employees who stopped working because of Covid-19, you must issue their records of employment (ROEs) as soon as possible, even if they are currently receiving the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). 

If you are paying your employees with the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS), only issue ROEs for those who have an interruption of earnings when the CEWS ends. 

You can use ROE Web to issue ROEs online rather than completing paper forms. This can speed up the processing of your employees’ EI benefits. When you complete the employee’s ROE, indicate why the employee stopped working in block 16 (reason for issuing this ROE). 

For more information, consult the guide on How to Complete the ROE form available at

%d bloggers like this: