On June 19, 2020 B.C.’s Public Health Officer issued a revised health order as it pertains to food service establishments and liquor services.
According to the B.C. Restaurant and Foodservices Association, the main changes are to match the use of barrier regulations between the PHO and the WorkSafe Guidelines. Now the specific measurements (1.2 m) have been removed in favour of the WorkSafe Guidelines.
CHANGE 1: BARRIERS
– To officially allow barriers in lieu of distance and allow some use of physical barriers to set your new occupancy level.
- Patrons must be able to maintain a distance of two metres from other patrons, whether seated or standing, unless they are in the same party if they are separated by physical barriers.
- There must be two metres between parties of patrons, whether seated or standing, unless parties are separated by physical barriers.
- There must be a distance of two metres between the backs of the seats of patrons seated at adjacent tables or booths, even if members of the same party are seated at adjacent tables or booths, unless the adjacent tables or booths are separated by physical barriers.
CHANGE 2: GROUPS
– Clarify that the limit on groups of 6 is for seated at a table, a booth OR standing together in Bullet 3.
CHANGE 3: CONTACT DETAILS FOR EVENTS
– Contact details must now be collected for patrons attending events, still capped at 50 guests.
Read the public health order at https://mcusercontent.com/420e1dfba567033b186e46372/files/a05ddc60-5357-4c58-a42b-910206794374/PHO_CLASS_Order_to_Owners_Operators_of_Nightclubs_and_Food_Drink_Service_COVID_19_June_19_final.pdf