Kelowna International Airport remains open and is operating for domestic travel.
Air Canada is currently operating flights to Vanco0uver twice a day and WestJet is operating two flights a day to Calgary and Vancouver. In June and July, Central Mountain Air, Flair Airlines and Pacific Coastal Airlines will resume operations at YLW to Victoria, Prince George, Calgary and Edmonton. As provinces slowly start to reopen, YLW hopes to see additional destinations and increased frequency on these routes as airlines adjust their networks and schedules. For more information on flight schedules and to book, please contact the airline directly.
On June 4, Ebus resumed bus service in B.C. and the bus kiosk has now re-opened inside the terminal. Currently, bus service has scheduled stops at YLW four times per week.
The Government of Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada have implemented new requirements for air travellers to limit the spread of Covid-19:
- All passengers travelling by air must have a removable non-medical mask or face covering large enough to cover their mouth and nose during portions of their travel through Canadian airports and in-flight. More information about the regulation, including exceptions where face coverings must not be worn, is available on the Transport Canada website here.
- All travellers are subject to a health check before they board an aircraft and anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel. Health checks may be administered by an airline employee at the check-in counter or the boarding gates.
- Any traveller presenting symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied boarding for 14 days or until a medical certificate is presented that confirms symptoms are unrelated to COVID-19. Please contact the Public Health Agency of Canada at 1-833-784-4397 with any questions.
- All Canadians returning to B.C. from international destinations must self-isolate for 14 days and submit a self-isolation plan for approval prior to arriving in Canada. More information is available on the Province of BC website.
- Airlines have adapted their operations to respond to COVID-19 by implementing additional measures on aircraft. Contact your airline directly for more information.
Passengers are advised to check-in for their flight before coming to the airport to limit the number of contact points in the Terminal. Please arrive 90 minutes prior to boarding a domestic flight. The Long-Term parking lot remains closed until further notice; however, the Short-Term parking lot remains open and long-term parking rates will apply.